Recommendations to Avoid the Flu
- Winter fruits and vegetables are excellent in protection from flu or cold. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Make getting adequate, balanced nutrition a lifestyle.
- Regular exercise supports a healthier immune system. Try to walk at least several times a week at the least.
- Staying at your ideal weight greatly reduces the risk of non-infectious disease in addition to the flu.
- Don’t smoke.
- Make sure your blood pressure is normal.
- Keep your hands clean and hygienic, and wash them more often in cases of epidemics.
- Adequate sleep helps support your immune system. Make sure you get enough sleep.
- You can avoid viruses by keeping your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth, especially during epidemics.
- If you want the influenza vaccine, consult your physician.
Click infographics for the details about flu and cold.
- 10 Flu Myths. Harvard Health publications, Harvard Medical School.
- Mevsimsel Grip Hastalığı, The Ministry of Health of Turkey, Public Health Institution.
- A 10-Minute Consult: Cold and Flu. A Harvard Medical School Guide: Cold and Flu.
- Influenza (Seasonal). World Health Organization, Fact Sheet No: 211, March 2014.
- Kış Aylarında Beslenme Önerileri, The Ministry of Health of Turkey. http://beslenme.gov.tr/index.php?page=125